The BioWall Technician understands and is skilled in procedures for living wall fabrication, grow out, installation, and maintenance. The position is responsible for ensuring plant health and survival at all BioWalls within the Department portfolio under the direction of the BioWall Foreman. The Technician is expected to engage in product enhancement and new product development dialogue and prototyping.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Safety conscious at all times. Ability to scale ladders and work on mechanical lifts.
- Reliability is key to success. Arrive at warehouse at designated start time, Monday through Friday, ready to work productively and consistently throughout the full workday.
- Manual pruning and planting/transplanting of indoor tropical plants.
- Mastery of all aspects of our BioWall system, including: panel fabrication, handling of plant material, irrigation infrastructure, lighting, and monitoring/control system.
- Knowledge of assembly and installation of BioWall components.
- Operation of mechanical lift and power tools.
- Communicates professionally and respectfully with on-site contacts to nurture customer relationships.
- Communicates with (including being responsive to) supervisor and main office in timely manner at all times.
- Prioritizes team morale. Maintains a positive, team-player attitude.
- High school (GED) is required.
- Previous experience within a horticultural field. Living wall installation and maintenance experience is highly desired.
- Professional communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to take direction from Supervisor.
- OSHA-10 certification, or ability to obtain.
- Ability to work in partnership with colleagues to achieve shared goals. Always practices respectful communication.
- Valid driver’s license with 2-year clean driving record. Ability to drive work vans.
- Must pass a background check and drug screening.
- This position is based in Baltimore.
- Workplace Safety
- OSHA-10 Training
- First Aid & Emergency Response
- Pesticide Applicator Training
Working Conditions and/or Physical Demands
- This position works 8-hour shifts, with occasional overtime work required.
- The position requires standing, bending, kneeling, stretching, lifting of up to 50 pounds, climbing steps, climbing ladders, working on mechanical lifts, and performing physical labor.
- Travel to sites in company vehicle, primarily in the DC to Philadelphia corridor. Occasional travel outside of the region may be necessary.