Furbish Company, LLC is hiring for an IMMEDIATE need for a full-time, Executive Assistant. Furbish is the leading provider of living roofs, living walls, and living systems in the Mid-Atlantic region, bringing nature into the built environment in commercial construction. Furbish’s clientele is experiencing exponential growth, creating a backlog of work that will only continue to keep growing. As an Executive Assistant, you will report under the Director of Field Operations and President of the firm.
This position consists of administrative support functions that maximize the Director’s ability to manage crew deployments, complete installations efficiently, and deliver remarkable experience to clients. Furbish’s customers range from top architecture and civil engineering firms to landscape designers and general contractors.
Director of Field Operations
- Coordinate logistics as needed by the Director. Communicate with customers, vendors, and employees with agility and accuracy.
- Manage crew/foreman job postings, job applications, and coordinate with HR for onboarding/offboarding logistics.
- Review timesheets daily/weekly for Install crews.
- Maintain job files and other documentation in organized, accurate manner.
- Produce and maintain spreadsheets for basic data analysis as needed by the Director.
- Maintain inventory control data interfacing between warehouse manager and Director to reorder inventory items (including PPE and crew apparel) in timely accurate manner and reconcile allocation of inventoried items to jobs.
- Manage vehicle fleet (approximately 12 vehicles), including GPS software, driver performance, preventive maintenance schedules, service records, registrations, key fobs, etc.
- Maintain driver records, monitoring who has qualifications to drive vehicles AND monitoring their driving performance (using the GPS software).
- Manage EZ Pass transponders and assignments and coordinating with accounting department to ensure all payments are up to date.
- Cover office needs for Director when he is in the field (receive deliveries at office/warehouse, distribute materials to clients, etc.).
- General main office support:
- Answer incoming calls to general office number,
- Operate office machines, such as photocopiers and scanners, facsimile machines, voice mail systems, and personal computers.
Perform other duties as identified and required by the Director.
- Demonstrated excellence in customer relations.
- Strong organization skills – scheduling, logistics, critical thinking, problem solving.
- Effective communicator, both written and verbal. Skilled at concise, appropriate, direct, timely messaging.
- Proven spreadsheet (Excel) competence. Understands data integrity and basic math functions to sort, filter, process, analyze simple spreadsheet data.
- Can learn/work skillfully in company software systems (MS Office, Adobe, LMN, InTouch GPS, QB, Onsight, Expensify, etc.)
- Commercial construction background/experience is a plus, but not required.
- Strong work ethic is essential. Predisposition for results over effort.
- College degree is preferred, but not required.
- Competitive Salary
- Medical Insurance (including dental & vision)
- 401(k) plan
- Flexible work/life balance
- Family-oriented company culture
- Encouragement for career advancement and personal growth