The Living Roof Install Technician works within a small crew, led by a Foreman, to execute rooftop landscaping and hardscaping work on active construction jobs. While previous construction and manual labor experience are preferred, the position is entry level with the expectation that required skills will be learned through on-the-job experience and formal training. Career opportunities are available for those who seek growth and consistently show initiative.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Safety conscious at all times. Ability to scale ladders and work on rooftops.
- Reliability is key to success. Arrive at warehouse on time, Monday through Friday, ready to work productively and consistently throughout the full workday.
- Prioritize team morale. Maintain a positive attitude and be a team-player.
- Perform manual labor, material handling and installation, and other duties as assigned by Foreman.
- Demonstrate proficiency with hand tools and basic power tools.
- Develop knowledge of green roof systems and installation methods.
- Communicate proactively and respectfully with coworkers and supervisors.
- Maintain professional appearance on job sites and in company office.
- Desired – Drive company work vehicle to job sites as assigned.
- Typical work weeks are 40 hours, but flexibility is required. Length of days can vary.
- High school diploma or GED is required.
- Previous experience in landscaping and/or construction is preferred.
- Reliable means of transportation to and from work.
- Minimum of OSHA-10 certification, or ability to obtain.
- Must pass a background check and drug screening.
- Desired – Valid driver’s license with 2-year clean driving record. Ability to drive pickup trucks.
- Workplace Safety
- OSHA Training
- First Aid & Emergency Response
- Compliance trainings as assigned by corporate office.
Working Conditions and/or Physical Demands
- This position works 8-hour shifts, with overtime work required at times.
- The position requires standing, bending, kneeling, lifting of up to 50 pounds, climbing steps, setup and climbing ladders, and performing physical labor on a rooftop.
- Work is outdoors. Conditions include temperature variations and weather fluctuations including, but not limited to, rain, mild wind, heat and cold.